"We selected the LyondellBasell Spheripol process for its ability to cost-effectively produce a wide range of high-quality products that are demanded by our customers throughout the Middle East and South East Asia," said Henk Pauw, General Manager Liwa Plastics Project at ORPIC.
"ORPIC's detailed bidding process and resulting selection of our Spheripol process technology has again demonstrated LyondellBasell's leading position in polypropylene," said Bob Patel, Executive Vice President of Olefins and Polyolefins, Europe, Asia, International and Technology at LyondellBasell. "Based on this first license, we are looking forward to establishing a strong long term relationship with ORPIC."
LyondellBasell is a leading licensor of polypropylene and polyethylene technologies with more than 250 polyolefin process licenses. The Spheripol process is the leading polypropylene technology for the production of high quality homopolymer, random and heterophasic copolymers.
In addition to the Spheripol process, the LyondellBasell portfolio of licensed polyolefin technologies and associated technical services is comprised of:
- Spherizone – the latest-generation polypropylene technology based on a multi-zone reactor for the production of polypropylene and novel polyolefins
- Metocene PP – technology for the production of specialty polypropylene products using single-site catalyst systems
- Lupotech – the leading high-pressure tubular and autoclave process technologies for the production of LDPE and EVA copolymers
- Hostalen – a low-pressure slurry process for the production of high-performance multimodal HDPE
- Spherilene – flexible, gas-phase process technology for the production of LLDPE, MDPE and HDPE.