Kraiburg TPE will present itself once again as competence leader in the thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) market at the upcoming K 2019 trade fair held from October 16 to 23 in Düsseldorf. At both booth C584 located in “Rubber Street” in hall 6 and its ideas factory at booth E22, the TPE manufacturer will address major challenges and trends the growing TPE business is facing.
“K is the most important leading trade fair for innovation in the global plastics and rubber market and sets the course for the industry,” says Franz Hinterecker, CEO at Kraiburg TPE. “Our trade fair appearance will focus, among other things, on new TPE compounds that pass migration tests even when in contact with foods that contain fat. Trade fair visitors may also look forward to exciting new developments in the fields of emission and odor relating to interior applications and in the field of thermoplastic elastomer hybrids. In addition, we will present new materials with adhesion to ASA and PMMA for exterior applications.”
Kraiburg TPE’s highlights at K 2019:
- Two custom-engineered compound series with significantly improved migration control as compared to common TPEs. They are particularly suited for closure systems, valves and seals for packaging with direct contact to foods that contain fat. This innovative material technology develops recipes with minimal migration potential that can be precisely calculated.
- TPE compounds with a secure, optimized odor and emission behavior for interior automotive applications. In recent years, Kraiburg TPE has been intensively occupied with the factors that influence odor and emissions.
- Together with an independent testing institute, we have thoroughly examined raw materials and sample histories as well as packaging and test methods in order to develop market-oriented materials and bring an ultra-low-emission material to market.
- TPE compounds with enhanced UV resistance and adhesion to plastics for exterior automotive applications including ASA, EPDM and PMMA.
- New custom-engineered thermoplastic hybrids (TEHs) that provide superior chemical and thermal resistance and thus fill the gap between classic elastomers and thermoplastic elastomers. Depending on application profile and applications, Kraiburg TPE combines appropriate elastomers with thermoplastics to achieve the right thermoplastically processable material solutions.
The expanded product portfolio, with its improved emission and odor values as well as its migration results, meets strict requirements worldwide and thus minimizes risk and may accelerate the launch of new applications. The expansion of material solutions for the packaging market has been targeted to cover also high-end applications.
Kraiburg TPE is regarded as a specialist for custom-engineered TPE solutions and supports its customers on-site with a bundle of specific services. These services range from project-related advice on materials and processing recommendations through to quick color matching. Local and global contact persons ensure good customer management with short delivery times. The materials are manufactured according to identical, certified quality standards at production sites in the Asia-Pacific region as well as in Europe and North America.
By means of several innovative applications, visitors to K 2019 can see for themselves the results of this customer-oriented strategy, which doesn’t neglect market niches either. Current examples are a cosmetics dispenser with an integrated mixing element, multi-component roof rail bases saving mounting time and an interactive learning robot for children.
During the K fair from October 16 to 23, Kraiburg TPE’s materials and market experts are ready to conduct technical discussions with customers and prospects and to provide them with competent materials and service support at booth C58-4 of “Rubber Street” in hall 6. The manufacturer also offers the opportunity to have a look inside its “ideas factory” at booth E22 in hall 6. “Exchanging knowledge with our customers and looking into the future, at trends and potentials are very important to us and sometimes form the basis for our new developments”, Franz Hinterecker adds.
Source: Kraiburg TPE