Dassault Systèmes (Euronext Paris: FR0014003TT8, DSY.PA), today announced IFRS unaudited financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2021. The Group’s Board of Directors approved these results on February 2, 2022. This press release also includes financial information on a non-IFRS basis and reconciliations with IFRS figures in the Appendix to this communication.
Summary Highlights (unaudited, in constant currencies, diluted EPS)
- As reported, 4Q21 IFRS EPS increased 15% to €0.18, non-IFRS EPS grew 17% to €0.29
- 4Q21 total revenue and software revenue increased 10%, with licenses & other software revenue up 15% and support & subscription up 8% (non-IFRS)
- FY21: as reported IFRS EPS increased 56%, non-IFRS rose 26%; IFRS & non-IFRS total revenue grew 11%; IFRS software revenue rose 12%, non-IFRS software revenue was up 11%; non-IFRS operating margin of 34.3%
- FY21 non-IFRS 3DEXPERIENCE software revenue rose 15%, driven by strong subscription growth
• FY21 cash flow from operations increased 30% to €1.613 billion (IFRS)
- FY2022 non-IFRS objectives: revenue growth of 9%-10% to €5.30-€5.35 billion; EPS reported growth of 3%-6% to €0.98-€1.00
- Ten years ago, in February 2012, we unveiled our new brand identity to the world - “The 3DExperience Company” - and our corporate purpose - “harmonize product, nature and life”. Today, the significance of our strategy is clear: our clients and partners have embraced the experience economy. They are transforming all sectors and industries with sustainability and human centricity as central pillars of a new era. We see this reflected in our great 2021 achievements.
The experience economy, accelerated by the pandemic, triggers new categories of expectations from citizens, patients, learners and consumers. This is apparent in our everyday life. Tomorrow's mobility is no longer a matter of vehicles. It’s a matter of desirable, sustainable mobility experiences. Tomorrow's healthcare is much more than therapeutics. It’s about the patient journey and precision medicine. Tomorrow's cities are not only a collection of buildings, streets and facilities. It’s about quality of life and quality of service. To support these transformations, we need to take a more holistic approach. I believe the innovators of today and tomorrow have to think in terms of "universes", that is to say in terms of organic systems of systems that create, produce and play an experience in a circular economy. With the 3DExperience IFWE Loop, we can provide this holistic view combining value creation and value experienced, design and usage, to cover the full experience lifecycle. We can make this a reality through virtual twin experiences based on modeling and simulation, real world evidence and immersive virtual reality. I truly believe the ongoing transformation toward a sustainable economy will mark this century - commented Bernard Charlès, Dassault Systèmes’ Vice Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer.
- We recently celebrated the 40th anniversary of Dassault Systèmes: two generations of innovators have revealed the power of virtual worlds to imagine and create disruptive innovations. We are now focused on our next horizon: 2040. Our objective is to be the leader in sustainable innovation and to continue to position our clients at the vanguard of progress across Manufacturing Industries, Life Sciences & Healthcare and Infrastructure & Cities.
To support our long-term initiatives, we have established the next generation of leaders. With Pascal Daloz as Chief Operating Officer and Rouven Bergmann as Chief Financial Officer, we are very well positioned to execute successfully against the tremendous opportunities ahead of us for many years to come.
Ultimately, all progress is human and Dassault Systèmes’ purpose has never been more important. IFWE imagine the next twenty years, together we can make it a reality - he added.