Ascend Performance Materials, the world’s largest fully integrated producer of nylon 6,6 resin, will showcase its growing range of Vydyne PA66 solutions for automotive, electrical and electronics, industrial and consumer applications at NPE2018 in Orlando, FL, from May 7 to 11. The company will have numerous applications on display at its booth (S14001), where it will also conduct a number of presentations on the performance and value of nylon 6,6 to processors and specifiers.
A key focus area of the show will be the company’s latest developments in high performance flame-retardant materials to meet increasing regulatory requirements. Ascend offers two best-in-class unreinforced flame-retardant products for electrical and electronic applications: Vydyne ECO366H and Vydyne FR350J.
- Introduced in late 2017, Vydyne FR350J is designed for use in unattended electrical appliance connectors and achieves the highest GWIT (glow wire ignition temperature) rating with zero flame and exhibits a GWEPT (glow wire end-product temperature) rating of 775 C.
- Vydyne ECO366H is a non-halogenated flame-retardant nylon 6,6 with an excellent RTI electrical rating of 150 C, making it an ideal solution for connectors and terminal blocks.
“Our E&E products are expanding the performance and processing capabilities of PA66,” says Scott Rook, Ascend’s vice president of nylon. “Vydyne FR350J offers excellent finished part performance and is also very easy to process, saving our customers time and money.” Both materials will be the subject of a presentation, Setting a new standard with flame-retardant nylon 6,6, on Monday, May 7.
Other in-booth presentations include:
- Safely managing 48V e-mobility systems with nylon 6,6
- Beyond material: Engineered solutions for engine downsizing and electrification
- Fighting hidden costs with ultra-flow, rapid cycling solutions
- Nylon 6,6: Performance, productivity and value
Ascend Performance Materials is a global premium provider of high-quality plastics, fibers and chemicals. Ascend is one of the world’s largest integrated PA66 producers, with its own in-house manufacturing facilities, ensuring total security of supply. Ascend’s product range has earned it an unequalled reputation for quality, innovative techniques and an enlightened approach to business that expands the horizons of possibility. With eight global locations and more than 2,400 people working at our sites around the world, Ascend has the inspiration, the expertise, the people and the attitude toward innovation to consistently deliver the right solution for customers.
Source: Ascend Performance Materials