"Our 'Road to Digitalisation' at the Fakuma 2018 is a bold and practical statement of the approach we want to take with our customers in order to stay on the road to success in the future digital era," explains Michael Hehl, Managing Partner and Spokesperson for the Management Team. "On this road, visitors will be able to pick up a host of new ideas and obtain detailed information from our experts about the six new Arburg assistance packages, the benefits of augmented reality in service and find out about the launch of our new customer portal. The six injection moulding exhibits in mint green, light grey and dark grey will also provide for a new look at our stand. This new colour scheme will be used for all our Allrounders from the start of 2019."
"Road to Digitalisation": on the path to success with ArburgThe focus at the trade fair is on digital transformation, an area in which Arburg leads the industry. One of the company's objectives is the "smart" machine, which monitors its own processes, controls them adaptively and actively supports the operator in every situation. Arburg has created new assistance packages for this task, which will be presented at six stations:
- "4.set-up" actively supports machine operators with set-up and parameter entry.
- "4.start-stop" simplifies production start-up, reduces the number of start-up parts and increases production capacity.
- "4.optimisation" is designed for product optimisations aimed at enhancing part quality and reducing unit costs.
- "4.production" gives experienced operators greater flexibility and freedom when programming functions.
- "4.monitoring" offers detailed process and quality monitoring and seamless documentation.
- "4.service" makes it possible to quickly help customers through direct access to the machine control system and via online support, thereby increasing machine availability.