The Cannon Group – present in Germany since 1983 with Cannon Deutschland GmbH a technical-commercial subsidiary based in Hanau - will present the latest developments in the processing technologies for Polyurethanes and Composites:
- High-Pressure Mixing Heads: advanced solutions for general purpose foams up to specialised applications such as filled and reinforced formulations, multi-component and multi-hardness foaming, high-output, cavity filling, Clear Coating
- The Vacuum-based foaming technology, Cannon V.A.I. (Vacuum Assisted Injection), a major achievement in the field of domestic refrigerators and sandwich panels. A new kit for the conversion of existing polymerisation presses for discontinuous foaming of sandwich panels will be presented.
- The range of Cannon solutions per Polyurethane and Epoxy Resin formulations dedicated to the Automotive and transportation industries, in particular for flexible seats, car interior parts and Carbon fibre reinforced components.
- The complete moulding solution for Epoxy-based fast HP-RTM process designed for the production of Carbon- and Glass-reinforced composites for automotive, leisure and sport parts. On top of dedicated preformers, polymerisation clamps and moulds, Cannon offers the E-System, high-pressure metering and mixing equipment that guarantees very fast demoulding times and perfect distribution of the resin across the entire mould surface.
- The innovative EU-funded project named CRESIM (Carbon Recycling by Epoxy Special Impregnation), finally aimed at the development of proper processing methods for the manufacture of CFRP parts using recycled Carbon fibres. This Life+ EU-sponsored project addresses fully the waste reuse issue by demonstrating a new innovative manufacturing process which will potentially reuse up to 100% of the Carbon fibre waste and scraps from different industrial sectors, transforming a costing environmental problem of today in an opportunity of greening the production processes and getting economic benefit for tomorrow.
- The equipment for the wind-power industry, that is rewarding Cannon with growing volumes of business worldwide, thanks to the availability of dedicated low-pressure resin dispensers for the infusion of Epoxy formulations in the largest blades, manufactured for off-shore and conventional wind turbines. A number of new developments (including innovative de-gassing systems, a dedicated gluing machine, a third-component metering device) will be illustrated.
- A complete range of industrial Thermoforming machines designed to fulfil the productivity and flexibility demands of the producers of formed parts for automotive interiors and fuel tanks, for refrigerator cabinet and door liners, for large parts for the aerospace and the wind power industry, for technical and leisure parts. An innovative, patented fully-adjustable frame named TRIPLO will be presented, a system designed for minimum set up time and elimination of reduction plates.