Most of Hall 7A, directly opposite the main entrance, is dominated by five large competence centres. Leading European experts are available here to answer questions on all aspects of packaging. The Innovationparc is split into 5 different sections:
- Convenience: innovative designs for specific applications and new technical concepts (i.e. in handling), but also convenience for the supply chain, for example information transfer for improved communications
- Consumer Insights: presentation of consumer needs and demands in packaging, taking into consideration the criteria of brand manufacturers and retailers, including reference solutions in packaging design for younger or older, male or female consumers,
- Imagination: presentation of the numerous possibilities and solutions in packaging construction, attractive graphic and structural design for consumers, creative factors for B2B, such as carton properties, print and finishing solutions, product protection or tracking and tracing,
- Point of Sale: increasing the attractiveness of packaging, communication of brand values and product information, attracting attention through eye-catching design on the shelf or using special displays,
- Sustainability: the growing importance of environmental aspects across the entire lifecycle of packaging, from forest management via cartonboard and carton development through to use by the consumer and subsequent recycling. The latest information on the subject of environmental certificates, eco-design, emission reduction and sustainability as part of corporate social responsibility.
The Pro Carton stand will display the most innovative recent concepts with an exhibition of all prize winning creative solutions from the Pro Carton/ECMA Award 2007.
AS well as International brochures, Pro Carton National offices will have various publications and other informative materials available in several local languages. Many of the managers of national Pro Carton offices will be present on the stand and will be happy to help with any enquiries.
Next to the centres of competence, "Speakers Corner" is located, where over 40 top speakers will give informative and interesting presentations relating to packaging from branding through to product protection and RFID (radio frequency identification) to finishing.