"In the Benelux countries, more and more breweries are choosing cans for their beer packaging," said Colin Gillis, president, Ball Packaging Europe. "The Oss plant is the only beverage can manufacturing facility in the Netherlands, and this expansion will strengthen its position as a logistical hub for our business in the Benelux area and throughout Europe, the Middle East and North Africa."
Ball, already a major employer in Oss, will bring additional jobs to the region as a result of the expansion. The company also will continue to invest in training and education for its employees and in support of community projects.
Historical milestones of Oss can production site:
- 1953: Foundation of steel can factory by Thomassen & Drijver
- 1971: Implementation of first two-piece beverage can line in Europe
- 1997: Installation of first aluminium line
- 2005: Switch to aluminium only production
- 2008: Production of the 25th billion can
- 2012: First run of 20-centiliter and 33-centiliter aluminium sleek cans
- 2013: 60th anniversary of only Dutch beverage can plant
- 2014: Start of expansion project to build third production line and new warehouse