LyondellBasell today announced that China Shenhua Coal to Liquid and Chemical Co. Ltd. has selected Lupotech
T process technology from LyondellBasell for a new 300 KT per year low density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) copolymer plant to be built in Yulin, Shaanxi Provence, China.
“With significant growth in LDPE and EVA products and the need for benchmark manufacturing performance to effectively compete in the region, Shenhua’s selection of Lupotech T again demonstrates our market leadership in process technologies for the production of LDPE and EVA”, said Bob Patel, LyondellBasell senior vice president of Olefins and Polyolefins for Europe, Asia, International, and Technology.
Key features of Lupotech T technology include low manufacturing and investment costs, fast start-up and grade changes, high reliability and capacities of up to 450 KT per year, which make it the technology of choice for the production of LDPE and EVA copolymers.
LyondellBasell is a leading licensor of polypropylene and polyethylene technologies with more than 250 polyolefin process licenses.
In addition to the Lupotech T process, LyondellBasell’s portfolio of licensed polyolefin technologies and associated technical services includes:
– flexible, gas-phase process technology for the production of LLDPE, MDPE and HDPE.
– low-pressure slurry process for the production of high-performance multimodal HDPE.
– latest-generation polypropylene technology based on a multi-zone reactor for the production of polypropylene and novel polyolefins.
– leading polypropylene technology for the production of homopolymer, random and heterophasic copolymers.
– innovative add-on technology for the production of specialty polypropylene products using single-site catalyst systems.